Please complete the form below. Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email advising if your permit has been approved or denied. Permits submitted during the weekend or holidays may not be reviewed by staff until the next business day.
If your permit has been approved, you will receive an electronic copy of the actual Permit, which you must have available to present to enforcement agencies upon request. Do not take any action until you have received the electronic permit.
Application for fireworks subject to the Alberta Fire Code 2014 Section 5.7 with specific reference to:
- No person who is under 18 years of age shall purchase, possess, handle, discharge, fire or set off fireworks;
- Wind velocity must be less than 45 km/hr, weather conditions must not create an undue fire hazard (if snow cover not sufficient, thoroughly wet down discharge area immediately before) and there must be no fire ban in effect;
- Cannot discharge: within 10 m of any building, tent, trailer, shelter or motor vehicle (etc.)/ within 200 m of any place where explosives or flammable/combustible liquids or substances are manufactured or stored/ within 250 m or any public facilities (church, nursing home, school, etc.);
- A portable extinguisher having a rating of not less than 2-A or a minimum of 15 L of water shall be provided and kept in the immediate discharge area;
- Written permission must be obtained from land owner if fireworks being discharged on land not owned by permit holder;
Find more safety tips and information here.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this permit application, please call Regional Fire Services at (403) 783-3333